Learning new and FRUSTRATING things at pre school!

I know this is only the start of it and it will probably get worse the older she gets, but my daughter has been coming home with a TOTAL potty mouth after being at pre school!! Here's just a short list of some things she now says..

1. Hurry your ass up
2. Mommy your drunk
3. Shutup
4. I don't love you anymore
5. I don't care what you say
6. What in the hell was that?
7. Your stupid

There are plenty more, but those are the ones that get me the most! We always get onto her when she says these things and tell her that it is NOT acceptable and I ask her where did she hear this from. Her response is ALWAYS "Christopher told me that". I don't know much about this Christopher kid, but I do know he is a very rambunctious little boy as he is always running wild in the hallways while we are waiting on her classroom to open. I guess my question is do you think that maybe I should approach the teacher about any of this? I mean she SHOULD know some of the things that are coming out of these kids mouths in her classroom, right? Maybe if I said something she would pay more attention or keep an eye on it somehow. I know that I cannot control the things that another child says and I know that my daughter is going to hear these things and pick up on them because that is just life and I remember being in school and hearing new things. I will continue to let her know that these are not nice things to say and she will be punished for saying them, but really should I address the teacher about it?

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:25 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would talk to the teacher that I am so surprised what kind of words my daughter can learn at their school. And it is not only one word. IT seems that little boy constantly says those words day after day. I don't know how good is the school where your child attends but usually teachers don't really care what is going on at the playing field in playing time. But if Christopher talks like this he should learn these words from their parents/ older siblings/ television. I think you should let the teacher know what is going on and you are not happy about it. And talk to your daughter that you don't care where did she hear these words she can't use those at home because those are naughty words and she hurts people feelings with it. And it is not acceptable in your house. Tell her if she is rude she can be rude in her room by herself because no-one likes and interested in rude people.

adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You need to talk to the preschool ASAP, and talk to your daughter about why she should not say those things. That is unacceptable!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 11:10 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• that is extreme- sure kids will pick stuff up they hear, but all of that and from one child- I would just tell the teacher that you are concerned with the amount of questionable things that your daughter is bringing home with her. Bring it to her attention, she may not actually hear the other child saying it ( kids are kinda sneaky) I would be very upset if my son came home saying stuff like that (to that degree) I would start shopping for a different preschool if it didn't stop, but that is just me.
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Go right to the preschool and ask them to address this issue. I'm sure you're not the only parent with a problem.

And I totally agree w/ adriennfklya's post above. You need to talk to your daughter and explain what is acceptable in YOUR home and what you expect from her behavior out in the world.

I always tell my son that I want him to be welcome everywhere he goes and that good manners and appropriate behavior and speech are a big part of that (not in these words - he's 8 after all)

sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• let the teacher know,i mean she has to know something is going on.......but i would deffinately have a talk with the teacher,and a major talk with your daughter,then find the other kids parents when you go pick her up or whatever and explain to them whats going on.....have a talk with them as well....good luck
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I would ask the teacher to speak with the boys' parents...if it's cause for concern for you, it might be cause for concern for other parents who haven't spoken up about it being a problem.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 9:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would talk to the teacher the owner the manager everyone and tell them you want an explaination but at the same time she could be getting it from other kids my 1.5yr old came home from spending the night at her cousins and said "shit & Bitch" i was like did she just say what i think she said and come to find out the kidos thought it was funny to teach her this language so i mean you cant really do much but switch day cares mommy good luck :)
    premiemom18

Answer by premiemom18 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• wow i would talke to the teacher luckly i have not delt with this yet my son is a smarty pants and well hear something on tv and he will be like mommy the tv said a bad word we dont say that word
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 10:22 PM on Dec. 21, 2010