My son doesn't sleep!

My LO is 7 months old and has never slept that much. Lately, he has been sleeping less than he normally does.He sleeps about 8 hours a night, but he wakes frequently. And he takes three 30-40 minute naps a day He seems fine without much sleep. Is this normal?

LogansMamma0511

Asked by LogansMamma0511 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most babies I know/have known sleep a lot more than that but it isn't something you can force. His short daytime naps are exactly what my youngest did, however he did sleep 12 hours at night. Have you asked your pediatrician about this? I would think if he is happy and content during the day he just doesn't need a lot of sleep. Enjoy him!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think if he is a happy baby than it is enough. :)
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sleep isn't something you can force. It might just be a stage. Plus, if he needs the sleep he will sleep.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• if he's happy then it should be fine. It's when it starts ot affect his growth or development that you have to worry. My oldest was just like that.
    Chantalg12

Answer by Chantalg12 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010