is there a way?

does anyone know a way to get rid of a cold sore and FAST? I always get them during the winter, and i have one now and my lip is swollen.

prego_jessi

Asked by prego_jessi at 9:45 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• All of the over the counter stuff I've tried never works. Next time you go to the doctor, you can ask for a prescription for Valtrex just in case of a break out.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do!! Dab a Q-Tip in hydrogen peroxide and dap directly on the cold sore. It will sting, but the cold sore will be gone in about 2 days. I get cold sores all the time and this works better than anything that I have ever tried, even prescription meds. Also, don't pick at it or scratch the itch.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I use abreva. As soon as you feel that tingling rub it on 4 times a day or more. I use chapstick to keep it moist so it isn't so painful. You can also put a warm washcloth on it. It's not a cure but it helps shorten the duration.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:58 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When you're at home, dab toothpaste on it. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:38 AM on Dec. 19, 2010