Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Old nasty sippy cups?

Just curious, what do you other moms do when you happen to find a sippy cup that has been hidden in the car or somewhere in your home and it is GROSSSSSS? Do you toss it? Wash it? Boil it? I try to save them if they CAN be saved but there has been 2 or so that were just beyond screwed lol

 
Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 9:57 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 21 (11,991 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (16)
  • How many sippy cups do you have lol:) I usually just take care of them so I don't have to throw them away. Everyone has two so if one is dirty I can use the other. If it is too disgusting but rescuable put them into the dishwaser (twice:P) and if you are still concerned put it in the sterilizer. How old are your children? You can buy nice ones with your child(ren)'s favourite toys on them and make them t look after it:) Or it is a so cold winter: put it in the fireplace and let it burn:P

    adriennfaklya

    Answer by adriennfaklya at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • toss it
    butterflyblue19

    Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • We only buy the take and toss for that very reason. TOSS IT! :0)
    But_Mommie

    Answer by But_Mommie at 10:01 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I toss it.
    itsallabtthem84

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • It depends like you if they could of been saved I did. I don't have to worry about any of that anymore but when my dd was younger I would try to save them if not I'd just toss them
    Moms_Angels1960

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:02 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I would say toss it, just for the simple fact that anything like that grows bacteria very fast. Esp in a tighly closed container with fluids in it...unless it had water in it i sure would toss it. I have had my son hide so many sippy cups or lose them and i find one going thru things and sometimes it will be milk and others will be juice. a few have been so bad that there was black mold growing in them....so dont take a chance on getting him/her really sick from a bacteria filled sippy cup. Even if you wash them they will never smell the same and cant guarntee its going to get 100% clean...but bleach does kill lots of things bacteria wise so if its not that bad but it in a sink with bleach and water....good luck !!
    Amberlovesher3

    Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I always threw them out.
    sandbuster

    Answer by sandbuster at 10:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I toss but neva thought of boiling them. Will do that next time
    DaGoodLife

    Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:21 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I always toss them!
    MommyH2

    Answer by MommyH2 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • Trash them....its hard to get that gunk out especially the ones with the valve in them.
    They arent but a few bucks and it isnt worth the baby getting sick.
    Sandyr911

    Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN