Why do homophobes think they are so attractive to ANYONE, let alone gay people?

Seriously, whether it's the guys fearing showering with a gay man or the women who are married to them - if your husband was that hot, would he be with you in the first place? He'd apparently have his pick of every supermodel and Hollywood celebrity on the planet. He'd have princesses and heiresses fighting over him if he was THAT attractive. Unless you, yourself, are a princess, heiress, or Angelina Jolie, why on earth do you and/or your husband think random gay men would be that attracted to your husband? Is it really homophobia or is it very extreme narcissism?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Good question NP, I think it is homophobia and lack of knowledge! It is like a lot of people think that gay individuals only have sex in their minds, 24/7, do heterosexuals do this? I would think not! so why even think gays do?

Answer by older at 10:29 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• rolling on floor

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ive never felt that way about my husband (my husband has gay friends and thats never once crossed my mine) but I think hes pretty sexy. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 10:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• well the 3 gay people I know well are all married... so it would be as odd as a straight person who is married coming on to me/hubs.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am attractive but realize I have many flaws. I don't shower at the gym anymore because of the group of lesbians who sit and stare at everyone. My best friend is a lesbian and told me she won't go in the locker room there anymore either and they give other lesbians a bad name. It does happen and it is uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• anon, it happens as much as it happens to heterosexuals, they are no different. You will always find a group in either side who are obsessed with sex itself.

Answer by older at 10:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Well, my husband thinks Angelina Jolie is ugly, but....

I get what you're saying and I pretty much said the same think in a recent answer. I think some people are thinking too highly of themselves, lol. Not every single straight man is attracted to me, so why would every gay woman be?

Granted, I have been hit on by quite a few women, but I just took it as a compliment.

But seriously...I have no concern about my husband being hit on by another guy. The thought has never even crossed my mind, lol. And if he was...I'd think it was funny. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When I see a problem with it, its not that I think that gay men are going to hit on my husband. I think of how it is going to be uncomfortable for him.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:05 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think of how it is going to be uncomfortable for him.

Is he also uncomfortable going to the doctor where there may be a nurse (or gods forbid, a female doctor) in the room?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Why should he take a shower with people that COULD want to be sexual with him? Why should anyone?? Isnt that why they have seperated the males and the females? Wouldnt you feel uncomportable showering with a bunch of men? YES u would.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:12 AM on Dec. 19, 2010