What can you do about?

What can you do about poinsettia's? I have 10 poinsettia's and I don't know what to do with them when all the leaves fall off? Can I plant them now and they come up next year? I don't know how to store them?

sexyfancyface

Asked by sexyfancyface at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They will bloom again next year.

Answer by older at 10:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Here's one link 

http://www.uvm.edu/pss/ppp/articles/poinsett.htm

And there are more if you Google "caring for poinsettias".  GL with it!

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:18 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Poinsettias do not die easily! LOL! One year, I purposely kept mine in the office to see how it would do. All the leaves fell off, but it did not turn brown, so during the summer months, I moved it to the backroom, it was still kicking. By the next season, it started to bloom again. It, of course, didn't look as healthy as it did the previous year, but we were amazed to see that it lived. I think that thing hung on for about 1 1/2 years!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Do you put it in a bigger pot? Is ok in it's original pot? Just water it, when it starts to feel dry?
    sexyfancyface

Comment by sexyfancyface (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Just water it when it feels dry. Do not let it sit in any water that runs to the bottom. The link in my other answer talks about when to repot. Just click on it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010