What translation of the Bible do you prefer?

And why?

-LucyInTheSky-

Asked by -LucyInTheSky- at 10:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• New King James Version. It's easier to understand.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Both the NKJV as well as the NIV simply b/c they're so much easier to understand.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 11:44 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• New Living because I read with my kids and New Living is written in a way that I don't have to go back explaining for them. Its written in more of todays speech.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 11:49 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• KJV, I'm OK with the NKJV, but I don't like the others because they take out the blood, there are some major differences in the newer versions. That being said, someone can still be saved with any of the new Bibles.
    airmanswifey02

Answer by airmanswifey02 at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I read the NIV beacuse to me it is easier to understand but I also like the King James version as well.
    CassySchenk

Answer by CassySchenk at 11:51 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• King James version. The antiquated English is beautiful and is the closest thing we have in this language to a formal tense. Reading about God in this "tense" makes it stand apart from my everyday readings and makes me more reverent toward His word. And it's also a great vocabulary builder :). I kind of like that it's harder to understand. It makes me think harder, dig deeper.
    TikiWiki33

Answer by TikiWiki33 at 12:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I compare the translations when I read, so I don't have just one I read more than the others...

I'd love to learn it in its original Hebrew and Greek, though. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There's a great need for a mechanical translation. One that takes account what a word MEANT when it was used so many years ago. I like to plug things into one of the online sites where you can get four translations right next to each other.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I use many different ones. NLT NASB Message, New Jerusalem bible , and many others that I can get my hands on including the Mirror Translation . I use paraphrase and translation.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• haha, lovin, I might have to get the URLs from you so I can check them out :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2010