Me and friends want to visit NY is it about the same as Chicago or just about........ we want to know what to expect

me and my friends love big cities, we come from Chicago so we lived in the city for just about all of our lives. we were just wondering is pretty much the same feel if we have experience city living before and if you ben to both cities did you like them them both and are they similar

1LovelyAngel

Asked by 1LovelyAngel at 11:22 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Travel

• i have visited both and like them both- they each offer different experiences.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 1:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have lived by new york city my whole life. i have never been to chicago. so i can only answer half the question. its great. never boring and very very fast pace. if that is what chicago is like that is what new york is like. its huge. and its lots of fun. and its exspensive but worth every penny. personally i am looking forward to visiting chicago one day. when are you coming to visit? there is so much to see and do. just have to becareful not to get taken advantage of. its great to people watch and there is always something going on. have fun on your trip.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:30 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I was born in NY and raised in Chicago, all the while visiting NY several times a year. I think both cities are similar and have lots to offer but I will say I prefer Chicago over NY.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• NYC is WAAAAY better than Chicago. There is so much more to see and to do. Best thing we ever did was get a map of the city and the subway system so we could plan how we were going to get around. And, the locals were all very nice about giving us guidance and advice! We are anxious to go back soon!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• its always a good time to visit. i would say summer
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:43 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Chicago (is great!) is a great starter for NY. NY would just be more. Both great cities.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 3:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Both are great cities. I have never lived in NY but have visited many times. I have lived in Chicago, a great city-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• more than likely this summer or fall when do you suggest is the best season to visit your city
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• @ specialwingz have you been to both cities
    1LovelyAngel

Comment by 1LovelyAngel (original poster) at 11:53 AM on Dec. 19, 2010