Have you ever cancelled a layaway at KMART?

I made my final payment on ours on Dec 12th with paypal, and KMART still hasn't accepted the payment. I have checked with paypal and they said Kmart just needs to accept it. There's nothing wrong with the payment etc... I have been on the phone with everyone. We're leaving on Tuesday and need the stuff by tomorrow.... So if they don't get this figured out by tomorrow I'm cancelling, and will get the stuff somewhere else. Do ya'll know if they will refund what I've paid right then, or does it have a waiting period... Grrr I'm so upset over this. I will NEVER use Kmart again..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• they charge u a fee to cancel. I dont like their layaway....I miss walmart :(
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 11:31 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• This is what I found on their website. I too would ask them to waive the fees.

Down payment includes the $5 service fee. A $10 cancellation fee is only collected if the contract is cancelled. See stores for state specific fee limitations. No partial cancellations are permitted. Cancellations can be made only at the store where you opened your contract.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:42 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• iv'e never cancelled an over the phone layaway@ kmart,iv'e gone to ours in another state,n.m. ,im in colorado,they were really good about it ,nice and fast ,sorry your having problems....I don't think I would wait to long today....I would get it fixed now...not have the incavience of rushing around buying new stuff...hope it works out...find a manager pronto
    onaugh

Answer by onaugh at 11:33 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have spoke to store and online managers and they all tell me they're waiting to hear from someone else, and just keep putting me off... I have been trying to get this resolved since I made the final payment on Dec 12th.... I can't go into the store today, but I will tomorrow when our boys are at school. If they don't fix it by tomorrow it's getting cancelled, and they will waive the fee for my inconvenience, if they don't it will be time to contact the BBB.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Your suppose to make your final payment at the pick up. That might be what is taking so long.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 11:39 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You will be charged a fee for cancealing. I really don't care that much for Kmart's layaway b/c it doesn't fit those that get incomes on the first of the month. And if don't pay the amount or more on the layaway then you'll end up having to pay more money or they'll put your stuff back. I had to an experience w/them on last year & i told my husband never again was i going to place another layaway i would rather buy the things out right. The biggest mistake WalMart ever made was taking away their layawy.

NubianQueen78

Answer by NubianQueen78 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Just take your receipts to the store where you put things in layaway. They can accept the payment then. They just have to hit a button.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You will get your refund after the rubber glove treatment.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:56 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• In my experience if you used paypal to pay then the refund comes through paypal 48 to 72 business hours for turnaround.
    mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 12:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I cancelled the pending paypal payment. Apparently they are having trouble accepting payments from paypal. I'm just going into the store tomorrow and paying it off and taking it home... I will NEVER deal with Kmart again. I only used them because I wanted somewhere to store the stuff until xmas. I was running out of room, and no place to hide stuff.. I think it's time to get a shed. TY for all the responses, and Happy Christmas to you all!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010