What is the best career path to take to eventually move out of the state your in?

Not sure if that makes sense. Not really even sure what I'm looking for. I just need out of this state as faraway from my family and my son's dad as possible. But I don't have the money to just up and move.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Any that is the kind of role that is needed everywhere, like teaching, nursing, policing etc
    Melissa15

Answer by Melissa15 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Military...
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:52 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Whatever your good at.
    sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 11:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• healthcare, teaching, criminal justice. i am in healthcare and i am in school right now trying to get out of the state also. it might not happen right away but as long as you try and get the education you will be in more demand. alot of competition though. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 11:54 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I agree with Melissa- I was going to say the medical field. Some states even offer signing bonuses. But be careful what you wish for. We have a friend (nurse) who was tired of winters here. So she signed a 2 yr agreement w/ a hospital in AZ. She hates it & has been counting down the days 'til she can move back home. Good luck
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:55 AM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You can go to (state).dol.gov - this will take you the the department of labor of which ever state you are looking to move to. Go to the unemployment/labor tab and you can access all the job postings with that state. That should give you an idea of the job market for that area. Monster and other search engines don't give you the big picture.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There are many careers that would allow that. I work in information technology, and those jobs are everywhere.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010