do you set up the gifts for your children or leave them in the box until christmas morning?

i have a play kitchen for my daughter and i am debating about setting it up and having it all ready for christmas morning when she wakes up but another part of me says maybe i will just wrap it and have her rip it open and see her face when she sees it. i don't know what to do. she is only 21 months she wont even know really.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Usually leave in the box because we travel out of town, but last year I setup one of his gifts because it was too big to fit in the car, assembled or not.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 12:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would go ahead and set it up and you can try to wrap it that way. It wont be pretty but you can still see the excitement on her face but if she has other gifts just set it up and let her tear up the other gifts.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'd set it up.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 12:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I got my DD a kitchen, and I set hers up as well. I just put a HUGE bag around it. LOL It will be sitting under the tree all set up and ready for her! :-)
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 12:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i think i will set it up. maybe try to wrap it but maybe not. i will see. i do not have that much space so i was going to just leave it in the box and then set it up where it will actually be used. well i have some time to think about it.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• giftyes I would set it up and wrap it as best as I could.

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 12:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• thanks. i think I will. i have a small tree by the fireplace. i will just place it near there.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• we set that kinda stuff up and place a bow on it, if its big buy table cloth from dollar store to drape over it
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 12:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Set it up. I bought 2 Big Wheels that I already assembled so the kids can wake up and see them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would set it up. I read this in a holiday tips article somewhere, and I thought it was brillliant - to put toys etc together and set things up, so you don't have ot do it on xmas morning with an excited child waiting impatiently!

merry christmas and I hope she loves it, whatever you decide to do!
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010