What IS the matter with this???

Okay .....................................your gonna laugh but there is going to be a few of you that I know have had probs and will understand. I was watching a show on the Mafia last night. I am sad I cant be one my brother is a " cop" ( goverment level) anywhoo..............they have comandments and there are ten of them. I am not sure what all of them are but most of them deal with respect and loyalty( thats not such a bad thing) but the one I really like is ( AND I have always known this) its # 9 or #10 " Respect your wife or honor your wife. They went on to explain this ( Ladies for all of you that have like me suffered multiple and intense; domestic abuse like I have ) This means: If you are caught cheating on your wife or abusing your wife or dishonoring her in any way; it is not only seen as dishonoring her but being disloyal toyour whole ( mafia) family and one of the OTHER guys WILL take care of you. WHAT IS the matter with that? Honestly. I think thats the way it should be its a situation like that I have been looking for my whole life
( I had it once on the other side of the fence; I had become good friends with a station of cops and while we went partying and doing things friends do THEY were VERY protective of me) Of course I must also add that thee is no chance that these guys ( mafia) would have the problem of not being able to support their families ( being the only means of) because by the nature of what they do it reaks money. I couldnt think that would be such a bad life to be their wives. It sure as hell would be better than the one I've got now and been living

NE1outthere

Asked by NE1outthere at 12:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• well, im going to have a very unpopular response to this, but here goes...i completely understand where you're coming from. its for some of the same reasons that i am drawn to black men, particularly those that have a criminal background of sorts. sure there are plenty of "bad" black men, as there are of any race, but the is a certain segment of black men that are intensly loyal to thier families and are taught to be super respectful to women (they were raised by thier mothers after all) and are intensely defensive of their women. do my SO and i argue? all the time. has he been disrespectful and cheated on me? yes (the cheating was yrs ago and just months into the relationship and i was doing the same to him). but at the end of the day, i know he would do absolutely ANYTHING for me. he would defend and protect me no matter what the cost and he really does treasure me above all else...continued.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sorry, but I think you are glamorizing a CRIMINAL lifestyle. You & your family would be under constant threat of arrest, injury or death. That doesnt sound like the lifestyle I want for me or my family. Your marriage vows should be enough- I believe the word "Honor" is in those a few times. Life is much less complicated when you play by the rules. Stay safe & seek out a law-abiding citizen.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• haha....i see where you're coming from BUT on the other side of the fence....because of that commandment, the husbands become very very controlling ! if they have to honour the wife, then the wife must honour them, but it goes further just not cheating....the wife must do as they want them to do.....i couldn't handle that ! but if it stopped at that commandment then, yeah, nice ! lol
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 12:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sure, they may protect their wives and families but what about wives and family's of the people they kill?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• and the prince on the the white horse who rides in and saves you from the fire breathing dragon is a good one too
    but then i close the fairy tale book, tuck my daughter into bed and get back to real life

time for you to turn off the tv set and live in this world
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No, the world doesn't owe you anything, but neither do you have to accept the shit that it will dish out continuously. If someone treats you poorly once, shame on them. If someone continues to treat you poorly, then it's on YOU for putting up with it. It's about choices here.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 1:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• All of the guys who were in the mob had women on the side and you saw that movie good fellas ask the ex wife of that guy Harry the lead character and the guy who wrote the book it was feast or famine while he was in jail and now they are divorced she had to get welfare until she went back to school. Di deeper talk to the ex wives watch the hbo special the Ice man cometh he was a mob hit man ask his ex wife what honor she recieved.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• dig deeper
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I understand where you are all coming from. I do see. No man that I met has EVER felt that those rules were applicable. Thats why it sounds so good to me and the families of the people that they killed????? Not my business just like it has never been anyones business or concern what happened to me. I am sorry that sounds mean and not very giving during this season but i am SICK of being the one that is getting kicked and suppose to give kisses in return. Guess I would have to utilize the saying I have always heard " the world doesnt owe you anything. ( No matter how bad you've had it even if it wasnt your fault)
    NE1outthere

Comment by NE1outthere (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Maybe its time that you start setting higher standards when dating men then.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010