7 weeks pregnant and suffering from food poisoning, will my baby be ok?

Last night I came down with a pretty good case of food poisoning. I am 7 weeks pregnant and very concerned. I've never miscarried before but now I'm afraid for this baby. Any have a similar experience?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes. i had food poisoning around 10 weeks. everything is fine still
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Just make sure you are drinking as much water as you can and you'll be fine. The only thing that goes to your baby is in your blood, and food poisoning doesn't enter the bloodstream. Feel better soon!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Make sure you stay hydrated, which is hard with the diarrhea and vomiting.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:56 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• How long have you been sick. If its been more than a week i would consult the doctor,

They like to make sure your hydrated you and the little one,

so drink water, eat popsickles, things you can * try * and keep down right now hon,

My doc made me go into the hospital at 10-12 weeks because i couldnt hold nothing down for a week or so,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 9:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008