Is it ok to wait until 12-14 weeks for my first prenatal appoitntment?

Second pregnancy, I had zero problems with my first pregnancy. I just had a pap in Oct. and concieved very shortly afterwards.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I waited until 12 weeks but I was in denial. My doctor didn't seem mad and all he did was a pap(I had one about 4 months before that) and checked the heart beat.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Im not a doctor so I'm not quite sure, but I would wanna get the vitamins right away so I know that my baby is getting what it needs.
    CassySchenk

Answer by CassySchenk at 12:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I've been on prenatal vitamins since October (the day I got my last pap).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• how far along are you now
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 12:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Apparently I guess OB's are starting to see more and more women once they hit about 12 weeks now. I was 11 weeks when I went to my first OB. I asked why they are starting to do this and they explained that if there are problems prior to 12 weeks there's really not much to do for you. Unless you're high risk or have had prior high risk pregnancies.

So when I went into my OB appointment at 11 weeks I ended up in the ER that night. Found out I have a blood clot (SCH) and now I'm considered high risk. Just kind of venting right now, sorry :-) But I guess that's what they told me cause I think with my first pregnancy I had my first appointment at 7 weeks. Things have changed in two years.

Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wasn't able to get in until I was 14 weeks one time. As long as you don't wait until 20 weeks. They need to do the ultrasound to check the heartvalves.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i waited almost to 18 weeks, though im not saying do this, i didnt find out till i was 16 weeks that i was actually pregnant, i thought it was stress!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 1:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• NO I THINK YOU SHOULD GO RIGHT AWAY SO YOU CAN START TAKING CARE
    ANAKLETA

Answer by ANAKLETA at 1:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• it is ok for some people to wait if you are having no complications then you are fine most women dont find out later than that
    MrsWalker2011

Answer by MrsWalker2011 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I think my 1st appt was around 12 weeks. I went and got that appt at around 9 weeks along. As long as your not haveing any problems before then i would at least go before 12 weeks.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010