How do I break it??

My baby is almost 2, she has broke herself from the bottle during the day but at night well is a different story. If I try to not give it to her she cries all night literally. Everyone says she is to old for her beloved "baba" but i dont want my poor baby crying either. how do I break the habit the easiest and nicest way possible?

kiwisz

Asked by kiwisz at 12:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• try a sippy cup with a soft spout, pampers makes some...that's what i used for my ds
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I broke my son from that habit about three months ago he is also two. Everytime he woke up asking for it I would tell him his sippy cup went bye bye. He would cry and eventually go back to sleep. I did this for like three night and ever since I haven't had a problem with it. GL
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i was told giving the sippy would hurt her teeth.. idk if its true..?
    kiwisz

Comment by kiwisz (original poster) at 12:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• bottles are bad for baby's teeth
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• oh then maybe i got it backwards.
    kiwisz

Comment by kiwisz (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes I agree bottles are bad for the teeth. When they go to bed with it. Good Luck!!
    Mrsmom09

Answer by Mrsmom09 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• let her have it. Mine is 2 in march and still get a bottle at night. I wait until they are 2 1/2 before taking the night time bottle the way i do it is to just put less and less in it at night. For a few days it is a 6 oz instead of 8 then 4 then 2 then by then they are ready to give it up
    ladysummeraire

Answer by ladysummeraire at 3:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Google bottle rot mouth, grow up and parent ur child. Take away things he's too old for. You should start potty training soon and u don't want ur kid peeing the bed.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 6:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010