Assume Much?

I have seen the statement made MANY times that non-Christians hate Jesus/God/Christians/Bible and I am just curious as to why?

Is it because we don't share your particular flavor of religion?

Please explain why you feel this way?? What do you base this idea on?

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 12:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• while i dont believe that way at ALL...it has to do with the "not for us, you must be against us" mentality. i think it has to do with the mis-interpretation of Matt 12:30...when taken out of context it comes off that Jesus is saying exactly what i quoted above. so those who take the Bible literally dont care about the intention but rather that the verse gives them "permission" to say all non-Christians are evil and hate the Christian God.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't think that at all.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I hate the IDEA of religion and what it does to people.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't believe that all people who aren't Christian hate God. However, I have seen quite a few posts from people who claim not to believe in God, and want to challenge everyone's beliefs and argue. I'm definitley not sayin you OP. But I do see it. Very rarely to I discuss my beliefs in depth out here, nor do I challenge non believers. I don't feel the need to put my religion out here on CM for all to chew apart, and for me to defend.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• The same reason some of them think the term "non-believer" is interchangeable with "anti-Christian". Self-centered arrogance.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• So I guess what I'm getting at is, I have seen some on here who like to press the issue. And maybe others feel like they need to defend. THen we are all just chasing our tails arguing with eachother til our heads spin! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Non believers wouldn't hate god. Non believers do not believe in god, therefore there is nothing to hate.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I agree with Ihart U and NP.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do not feel threatened by other beliefs at all. Are there haters out there? Yep.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 4:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• People who think that have to make the non believer in their god the "enemy" in order to fulfill their supposed gods words in the bible. To think otherwise would contradict their bible.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010