Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

The ex is gonna turn me into a bitch

DH has a special needs child with his ex wife. She has been on my DH to spend money on their child that we just don't have. I am disabled and he is unemployed at the moment. She tells him and everyone else she knows that his lack of doing so makes him a bad parent and he is neglecting her b/c we are broke. DD doesn't do w/o and last yr DH bought the DD a portable dvd player for christmas and the ex pawned it to support her own habits. We have both tried talking to the ex and there is no realization w her. The DD is content w what she has recieved. How do I deal w this w/o my DH having a damn heartattack due to stress?


Asked by gatorswife at 12:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

Level 15 (2,131 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • Just stand your ground and stick to your guns. No one crosses our boundaries if we don't let them.

    Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • Tell her to shut her mouth and spend her money on her child. She's a parent too and should make your husband buy everything that's not a need but a want

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • Well if your husband is sending her money regularly and the childs mother is spening it on herself she has NO business calling your husband for more cash.
    Keep doing what your doing and all will be good .

    Answer by dusty1962 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • You are responsible for your own response, as he is responsible for his. No one can turn you into a bitch, that would be your choice. And if you're tried talking to her and it doesn't help, then stop talking to her about this.

    Answer by yoliplus6 at 12:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • Had the same problem yrs. ago. Thought I would never get thru it without beating her a** but, all I had to do was threaten to do it and she backed off. Not saying threaten her, just sharing. Good luck.

    Answer by megamamaw at 1:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • let him deal with her. in my house i deal with my ex's crap and he deals with his. i listen to my hubby gripe about his ex but i never get involved.

    Answer by lillie70 at 2:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • sounds like your hubby needs to take her to court.

    Answer by usdragonflies at 2:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • the only thing i think you can do is be there for your hubby while he has to put up with her. give him support and have a time set aside to gripe about her but after that set aside time,,, drop it for awhile and talk / do other things to get your mind off of it.

    Answer by mistik75 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

  • I agree with usdragonflies

    Answer by LiLJeni at 8:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010