stuffy nose......7 weeks pregnant

iv had a stuffy nose for a week and it makes me sick and hurl almost every morning, what stuff can i take for it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• LOTS of vitamin C. Try a humidifier as well
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am 33 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child and my nose and ears sometimes too have been stuffy with EVERY single one of them, almost the entire pregnancy.

It is caused by more blood in your body causing your veins to get full plump.....making you stuffy :) Pregnancy really does affect EVERY part of your body.

I use a humidifier and Vicks vapor rub....I dont like to take medicine I will just endure :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 12:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have honestly tried to do that and my nose is still draining down the back of my throat, sorry if thats tmi
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i used affrin nasal spray twice a day for a couple weeks. i had a horrid cold that just lingered. nasal spray is clearly safe
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Try a Neti pot or Ocean or Simply Saline in your nose and fyi a stuff nose is normal in pregnancy.Congrats :)

liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• well i asked my SO to go get me vicks today see if it will help but the humidifier is broken and they are expensive to fix or to buy a new one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• What really helps since you cant take medicine is Tea with real honey and real lemon that will help you and drink alot of water.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 1:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have been sick with a cold 3 times during my pregnancy so far, im 28 weeks! Lots of orange juice,tons of rest is what helped me!
    courtneycra

Answer by courtneycra at 1:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• ioniser maybe to purify the air?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I used to use those nasal strips you put on the outside of your nose (at nighttime). It helped me breathe well enough to get some sleep. I was stuffy for the last 2/3 of my pregnancy.
    Beatlemama

Answer by Beatlemama at 2:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010