What can I do to make christmas more enjoyable for DH?

He hasn't enjoyed christmas since his childhood. Due to his parents splitting up and his dad being an ass. He doesn't have any intrest in christmas programs or any of it but loves my children as his own he says. My boys can't even break his scrooge wall he has up.

gatorswife

Asked by gatorswife at 12:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• Play it up as much as you can, be understanding of the way he feels about it, buy him a GREAT gift, (u could do something special in the bedroom....like a Christmas outfit), and/or have him help you create some new traditions for your family. :) Good luck!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Me and DH just had an arguement about this a couple days ago actually. Mine is spoiled cause his parents fight over him. I hate going home for the holidays. But back to your question, every year I try to get hubby involved and this year I even had my parents talk to him and explain why it's important and fun to be involved. I'm hoping it got to my hubby finally. I told him that don't you want your kids to have happy memories with you? But it's still a work in progress
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 12:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010