Help sisters! I've been going

back and forth with someone who claims she is a Christian. She is for gay/lesbeians and voted No on prop 8. She says she goes to a church that has tolorence for these lifestyles. Do you know what church that is? I've never heard of that.

JCRestoredme

Asked by JCRestoredme at 9:52 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• "Considering that nothing in the Bible says "homosexuality is a sin", its open to interpretation...

The Bible interprets itself pretty well: Leviticus 18:22; 1 Cor 6:9; Rom 1:26-27 .... All of these are clear, if not read them with a Biblical dictionary on hand. Lying with the same sex is an abomination.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 12:11 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• sorry I don't know what church that would be unless it is a non denominational one I mean most churches believe as well as I believe that it is wrong for a man to lay with another man and wrong for a woman to lay with another woman its even worded that way in the bible somewhere can't recall where but its in there
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 9:55 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• There are lots of churches like that... my city has many unitarian ones.
    Anonymous

• I belong to a non-denom church and we teach and preach that homosexuality is a sin. We love the sinner but hate the sin. Sadly there are churches that do teach homosexuality is not a sin and an excepted lifestyle.. some but not all united methodist, episcopalian etc.. have homosexual priests and ministers. It's sad but the Bible says things like this would happen.. many will fall away, there will be false teachers, the very elect will be deceived. That's why it's so important to not just listen to what people say or there opinions.. but open up the Bible and seek the truth of the word. For me I love the person who is a homosexual but I do not agree or support their homosexuality. The bible calls it an abomination therefore for me that is the final word on it.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I'm episcopalian and we teach that homosexuality is a sin
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 10:02 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• There are churches that do, I've even have seen tv ads for one of the local churches that show a same sex couple in the pew and they make it very clear that they don't care! It's just right of the top of my head I can't think of the name of the church....but I can picture the ad.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• there are lots of churches that don't judge people for their life styles. I mean HELLO the bible teaches you not to judge!!!

The United Church of Christ openly supports gay marriage.

Anonymous

• not that I think you would actually look at it but here's a link.  http://lesbianlife.about.com/od/spirituality/a/UCC.htm

Anonymous

• Some Anglican, some Episcopal, some Lutheran, The Universal Fellowship of Metropolitan Community Churches, Unitarian Universalism, Unity Church,.... I'm shocked at how many there are.

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• yeah did you hear about the horrible hater who shot and killed all the people while attending a church service at a unitarian church?? because *shock* there were GAY people attending church?!?! how awful they would be doing something so .... christian as go to church?
    Anonymous