Sick daughter

My daughter,2, is sick. She was puking all night and a little today. I've been giving her clear fluids, but she hasnt eaten more than a couple bites of something. should I be worried or is there any food that I should try to feed her?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 1:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• Poor thing I hope she feels better soon. Just keep doing what you're doing. Try giving her crackers or broth. When LOs are sick they dont feel like eating and its not good to force them to eat. Keep checking her temperature and if she doesnt get better in a few days take her to see a doctor.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Crackers, toast, banana, rice, applesauce. Just let her nibble as she feels up to it. Keeping her hydrated is the most important. Some chicken soup broth, mint tea (my kids' fave any time.)

Of all the illnesses I have had to deal with, I hate the puking ones the most.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If she is vomiting I wouldn't give her anything but clear liquids............ I just went thru this and thats what the dcotor told us and if she throws up wait and give her small sips and then offer her more but I wouldn't force any solids on her. Just lots of fluids , popsicles, pedilalite stuff like that . Then after the vomiting is over offer her what the previous poster said the BRAT diet ...... Bananas, rice applsauce, toast goodluck hope she feels better. Also please watch for dehydration if she vomits all day I would take her to the ER if you feel she is not better.
    mahal628

Answer by mahal628 at 1:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Just keep getting her to drink. Maybe she can keep down chicken soup and crackers. Not sure if this is an option for you, but my son (almost 3) is still nursing and just letting him nurse as much as he wants when he's sick helps. Hope she feels better soon.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:10 AM on Dec. 20, 2010