Does anyone have a child with urinary reflux?

My daughter was told she has urinary reflux (grade 3) at the age of 2. She is 3 now and we dont go back for the next eval at jan/feb. Did anyone elses childs grade 3 or higher clear out on its own with no surgery intervention?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My older daughter had urinary reflux, diagnosed at the age of 4. She used to get recurring urinary tract infections because of it. They finally had to put her on antibiotics permanently to prevent the UTI's. They were almost positive that she would eventually have surgery, but AMAZINGLY, we went for follow up testing (the awful kind where they shoot the dye through the catheter) and she was fine. The doctors were very surprised but also very pleased, as was I. She was able to stop taking the antibiotics and we haven't had any issues in over 3 years. So it IS possible for the problem to clear up without surgical intervention, but I have no idea what the statistical likelihood of that happening is.
    Good luck, I hope everything turns out okay with your child.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I hate that testing and dread them doing it again to her! She is still taking antibotics daily and hate that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2010