i'm trying to quit smoking!!! got any advise on being a nonsmoker?

i'm a day care teacher i also need stress relief tips

audinleila

Asked by audinleila at 2:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2008 in Health

• I went through a hospital based program that was awesome. It was called smoke stoppers. Call around your area and check out support groups. It is really hard to do alone. good luck...the stress problem ...try taking B vitamins sublingual. They are a God send. good luck
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:58 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I quit smoking a little over 3 weeks ago. First you have to really want to quit. It's not going to work unless you really want it to. A smoking cesation aid will help (patch, gum, etc). Talk to your doctor or pharmacist to find out the correct dosage. Having something to ease the oral fixation would help too (I used cinnamon sticks but you could also use lolly pops, sugarless gum, straws, etc). Having a buddy quit with you or a support system is also helpful.

Basically pick a date to quit and don't let anything stop you from doing so.

To destress you might want to try exercise, meditation, or taking small 5 min breaks when things get hectic.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 3:23 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• I quit cold turkey and I did it because of my children and they didn't need to be around all that and my oldest son was diagnosed with childhood asthma...good enough reason for me!
    kwazylisa

Answer by kwazylisa at 7:37 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• you have to take it one day at a time. For me it is not a matter of quitting but of daily choosing not to smoke.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 12:40 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• It lot's of hard candy!Or ask ur doctor if he can give u stop smoking med!!!I hope it works tell me how it works i want my boyfriend to stop smoking!Keep a picture of your kid(s) close by u when you want to light a CIGG! I wish u the best luck tell me what work for u
    bamachic_al

Answer by bamachic_al at 1:46 AM on Jul. 7, 2008

• Here is a stress releif tip I use. Sit up straight, close eyes, and inhale and hold, exhale and hold. Try to do this very slowly for a few minutes when you are really stressed. It is very relaxing and for me it helps clear my mind. It also lowers your blood pressure. I do this in a quiet room away from the tv and kids. Since you are at a daycare..lol..maybe the restroom or in your car! Good luck with quitting smoking. Chantix is a very good medicine to help you quit!
    Alamama

Answer by Alamama at 4:15 PM on Jul. 7, 2008

• I have supervisor that will help you to quit smoking. it's really work. if you are serious, i can help you. you can email me through suzanalee04@hotmail.com or just leave a message for me. thank you.
    suzanalee04

Answer by suzanalee04 at 10:30 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I highly recommend a tobacco detox or lobelia in tea or capsule form it provides a feeling of well being and you can do the other things that were mentioned too. For info on where to find these products e-mail me! God Bless!
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 12:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• DRINK WATER,WATER,WATER AND TAKE IN DEEP BREATHS AND EXHALE FAST i'VE BEEN SMK-FR 1YR-7MOS-20DAYS AND I FEEL GREAT IT HAS ALSO HELPED GREATLY REGARDING MY MEDICAL HEALTH YOU CAN DO IT ALSO CHEW SUGARLESS GUM LOL NYTANGL
    nytangl57

Answer by nytangl57 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 20, 2008