Do you think that violence in movies is on the rise?

Im doing a research paper and my topic is the increase in blood, gore and violence in movies. Are people watching horror movies base on the thrill or scare they get or is it more the shock value?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Entertainment

• I can't stand bloody, gorey movies and it seems like more and more "scary" movies have just that. Sometimes even that commercial ads for movies are so bad I can't stand to watch them!
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Watch some of the older movies and you will have your answer. There's no more violence than there has been since the beginning of movies, but there is more gore. Personally, as a fan of horror movies, the genre is disappointing. I don't know why or who in Hollywood decided that gross-out gore was scary, but it simply isn't. The movies that are truly scary don't have to rely on things like cheap startles and evisceration. Somewhere along the line the big studios decided (and not just in horror movies) that the audience is stupid and can't figure anything out on their own, so they have to spell it all out, as graphically as possible. I hate it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:06 AM on Nov. 10, 2008