Okay let's be honest!

Have you had your holiday meltdown yet? Come on we all do. What's your funniest story. Two Christmas' ago - I did all and I mean all the decorating, shopping, wrapping, planning, organizing, cleaning, cooking etc etc by myself while my husband and kids wandered around the house pretending to do what ever but generally just be a**holes, complaining and criticizing every dang thing.(and Yes - I did just say that) Breaking point was christmas day when after the seven different breakfast and lunch items I prepared because appartently I also run a restraurant my husband complained that the rolls that I was taking out of the oven were not his favorites - I lost it - with oven mitts I took the hot rolls from the baking sheet and started pelting him with them backing him into a corner in the dining room before the entire family. Then went to my room for a time out. As I was going upstairs I could hear the entire family lauging and my son claiming the 3 second rule on the rolls on the dining room floor. Funny now not then - I am surprised no one got it on video. Happy Holidays and Enjoy - we now order out or buy mostly prepared items - mom should be able to celebrate too! Peace out!

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 1:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• When I was married to my first husband, we decided to have Thanksgiving at our house and invite my parents over. They hated my husband so I was trying extra hard to make the day perfect. He was being an ass as usual and we got into it over something. The fight got physical, as it always did, and he threw my perfectly cooked turkey in the garbage. I broke the broom over his head (yes, anger issues- steming from him). We realized my parents would be there any minute, grabbed the turkey, rinsed it off and put it back in the oven. When my parents pulled in we were both standing in the back yard crying. Needless to say, it was a very short visit from my parents.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 2:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Your story is awesome! It's rare when someone confesses to major meltdown and hissy fits so I applaud you! :) I can't think of specific instances but yes I've had moments like that one, too!
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• jugglingI think everyone has those moments...you hit him with the pan too. lol

HomeAlone45

Answer by HomeAlone45 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am sure I will have one this year because it is the first year I will be doing it all on my own. Cooking decorating and cleaning. Oh fun.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nope I have not had anything like that happen. I am just happy if hubby is home because he has been gone the last 3 Christmas' in a row and will be gone with one as well. The kids are easy to please. We were visiting family last year and they all got sick so my kids and I wound up at IHOP on Chrismas. I just try to make the best of it. I can get kind of depressed but that is about it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• NOT YET
    meandmyboys2000

Answer by meandmyboys2000 at 2:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• dmdblleb - been there done that - hope you are having better times now. thank you for sharing.

mrsljamieson

Comment by mrsljamieson (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• ya, i have not left the house in 4 days and i cried most of today. we have six bucks in the bank and it has to last us till december 29th (( dh next payday )) looks like we will have top ramien noodles and eggs for xmas dinner
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2010