Feeling so distant...How do I get Back? Any advice?

Before I was married I prayed morning, noon, and night. I was on fire for God. I married a saved man , But since I have been married it has been more about my husband and less about God. I feel so guilty that I avoid My word. We do go to church, but we need a new church home, But I feel I have disapointed God. My husband does not read or pray like he should and we dont pray together. The only time we pray together is when we say grace. This has been going on for a year and a 1/2 now and I need help! some words of wisdom , some encouragement. I am worried about my realationship w/ God. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is not in some building but everywhere you look. To seek the truth and truly find him be in silence and he will be there.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• oh and I forgot to add...everyone is different and you cannot force your husband to believe as you do. It doesn't matter what he does. God will lift him up when it is needed. You can be encouraging but not forceful just by leading an example. My husband doesn't pray but it doesn't stop me at all. I am building a relationship with the Lord based on what God has given me and shown me.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You are right! We both Love the Lord . We use to pray and read together. We just Got so caught up with each other and parenthood. I will start to lead by example. Thank u again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It happens sweetie. I know I am just as guilty of doing that. God will work with him. Have faith that he will. You are doing a beautiful thing
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Take baby steps. You don't have to be praying morning noon and night to show appreciation for G-d. I am Jewish, which is different from your religion, but we also pray. We are supposed to pray 3x a day, which I have never done. I have also gotten farther away than I have wanted to be. I take baby steps. Now I wake in the morning and say a prayer of thanks for the new day. At night I try to fall asleep having said the Shema (a very special prayer that is the watchword of our faith.) It has brought me closer to G-d. Also having an awareness and thankfulness of the things around me. For warm clothing and a house, loving family.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Like a PP said... take baby steps. Don't try to jump back into the swing of things all at once, and don't worry about what your husband is doing. Your walk with God is YOURS and his walk is HIS. Pray as you can, read as you can.... God is not disappointed in you :)
    -LucyInTheSky-

Answer by -LucyInTheSky- at 2:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• As my previous experience has taught me, it doesn't matter what religion you follow, this happens. If you like reading, instead of reading a novel, take that time to read some in the Bible. My hubby used to take the Bible and lay it, spine down, on a table and just let it fall open and that is where he would read. I've know a few others that would do that.

Hun, if you truly love God, then just chat with Him. He knows what is in your heart and He will help you through this. Yes, I know, sounds very strange coming from a Pagan and a witch, but trust me, it has happened to everyone who follows a religion. For some, it leads to a search and change of religion, others it reaffirms and strengthens their relationship with their God.

I hope that you can find peace within your heart and soul again with your relationship with God. As someone else said ... just take baby steps.

Luck and blessings be with you!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• ***That SHOULD have read: LOVE and Blessings be with you.****

*sigh*
    Just can't get my fingers and brain to work together today.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Just pray.....and relax......you are doing fine....let go of the guilt....and pray some more...Learn to listen for answers in prayer....christian meditation may help...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• God is there, waiting for you. Sometimes you have to be the first to start new habits. If your husband doesn't jump right in in, just keep on doing what makes you feel right. I have struggled with this myself recently, by letting other things take on too much importance in my life, Start small, and your old habits will come back threefold.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 8:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010