Sleeping problems

I have had sleeping problems for as long as I can remember. Not only do I wake up at every little sound (which I guess is good since I have kids), but I take HOURS to fall asleep, and I wake up through out the night even when my kids don't wake me up. Do you have any natural suggestions? I would love to get put on some meds, but I still nurse my DD and the thought of taking medicine every night scares me. When I first got married I went to this natural food store and the woman suggested serotonin (sp?) pills. I got a big bottle of them, but only took them like twice, so I have no clue if they would have even worked. Suggestions?

Luvmybooskies

Asked by Luvmybooskies at 2:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• Have you ever tried chamomile tea? It usually works for me.
    Beatlemama

Answer by Beatlemama at 2:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have tried "Sleepy Time:" and other teas that say they will relax you. However, I think the biggest problem is I haven't ever tried it long enough to see if it would really work. I should start making it a part of my night routine instead of something I do every few weeks when I think if it lol.
    Luvmybooskies

Comment by Luvmybooskies (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• drugs...and lots of them
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I just tried chamomile tea for the first time recently and it really helped.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010