I just had a baby how do i deal with the pain?

I had her on the 6th. I got cut and than i tor in 2 other places all the way up to my uterus. I can't pee I can't poop. i can't cough and they sent me home with NO pain medicine can someone PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

savannah_rose20

Asked by savannah_rose20 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 8, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try ibuprofen. It will reduce the swelling. If that still does not help, go to your doctor and get pain meds. Like the signs in the er say you don't have to be in pain in the er, well you shouldn't have to be in pain at home either. Feel better.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 9:59 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Ice packs. Get bags of frozen peas and sit on them! Also, you can buy a pillow at drug stores to make sitting more comfortable. And call your doc and tell them you need something for the pain!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• Did they give you the numbing foam??

i know it sounds really yukky but...

I would pee in the bathtub, when i was taking a bath and then shower off,

i know that was gross huh?

but it wouldnt burn as much i wouldnt think,

okay...about the poo thing, its going to hurt the first couple of times, i would consider a mild laxitive so you wouldnt have to push as much ...Milk of Mag* cherry flavored* you will thank me later

you should be better within a week or so but if your hurting this bad i would consult the doctor and tell them your not feeling all that great, and it hurts down there its understandable you would want somthing for pain my goodness,

and another thing, make an ice pack with a towel, and sit on it, or of course lay down with it between ur legs,

and the most important thing

CONGRATS HON!!!!!!
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:03 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• At the hospital they gave me ibuprofen and also offered percisetes (wrong spelling I'm sure) which I didn't take but you would need to be prescribed that. You should take about two warm baths called sitz baths a day to help you heal and help with the pain. It won't hurt to call your doctor though.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I HAD A C-SEC WITH #2,3,AND4 AND I GOT MOTRIN FOR THE PAIN. IN THE HOSPITAL THEY GAVE ME 600 MG OF MOTRIN. IT WORKED WONDERS FOR ME. SO WHEN I GOT HOME I JUST TOOK (3) 200 MGS. I HOPE THAT HELPS U. IF NOT CALL UR DR AND TELL THEM U NEED SOMETHING FOR THE PAIN.
    lala91172

Answer by lala91172 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• buy some bactine spray...green and white bottle..... sray it on your privates... it burns for about 2 seconds but then it numbs everything... i had to get 19 stitches donw there, so i know when you are going through. they spray works so well.... trust me, it literally saved my life!
    true_blond143

Answer by true_blond143 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• I would call the L&D and talk to a nurse or at least your OB dr. They should have given you something. I agree with ibuprofen. I also used a numbing type cleansing spray they gave me at the hospital and the little clear bottle full of warm water to wash off with. I also agree with finding out what kind of stool softener you can get. I'm SO surprised they didn't send you home with any of this stuff. That's terrible! It WILL get better in time.
    DebateandRelate

Answer by DebateandRelate at 10:26 PM on Nov. 8, 2008

• If you don't want to pee in the bath as suggested above (which I do think would work) did the hospital give you a squirt bottle? They should have in the hospital to help you keep clean down there, keep warm water in it and squirt it at your area when you are pee'ing, it really does help. If they did not give you one, then I would get a douche bottle, and rinse it out really really good and use that, its basically the same thing.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:30 AM on Nov. 9, 2008

• The doc usually is shoving a script of vicodin in your face to take when you get home, I am surprised they sent you empty handed. Also in your go home tote is an ice pack , a water bottle and anti-biotic spray. After peeing to gentle water your self instead of wiping pat dry and apply the spray to help withthe stitches. Every four hours rotate from motrin and whatever script you get. Call your doc if the pain is not manageable.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:26 AM on Nov. 9, 2008