I am a sahm looking to bring in some extra money to make ends meet. Does anyone have any work from home ideas?

Most places want a fee to work for them and I can not afford to pay to work. I know there is that survey site but the catch to that is you have to actually join the places you survey and that COSTS money so what's the point. Please help!!

cliggett

Asked by cliggett at 2:39 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• All I can say is good luck. Most will post but to earn the extra money is far and few between. Everyone is hurting right now.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 2:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ok first of all, whatever survey place is asking you for money is a scam. There are plenty of legit survey sites that do pay you, but I honestly wouldn't recommend doing surveys because they take up a lot of time and you have to qualify for them.

Because you don't want to pay to work, it sounds to me like you're looking for a legitimate work at home job, and if you've got little ones at home with you, sorry honey but there's not much out there to do with littles ones running around making a lot of noise. That's why so many choose to get into direct sales, which costs money to join because you're paying for a home based business.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 3:20 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't know if you want to consider child care. Some people are willing to take their baby to the sitter's home. The link below might be helpful. Use the pulldowns to see the different job categories and then use your zipcode. GL

http://www.care.com/care-p1271.html

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:11 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If you are looking for a at home business you will have to pay some sort of a start up fee. And for at home jobs you will have to pay for a back ground check, and other things like phone line. I think you need to find something that you are passionate about. I myself am in direct sales w/ Gold Canyon Candles. I chose this company because I am a candle lover, and also because I know the product itself is awesome! This is what makes my business successful! If you are interested, I would love to tell you how you can start this business for free.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am in directs sales with Barefoot Books and Mia Bella Candles. WIth Barefoot books you can sign up for free and get your own website for free. If you plan on doing home parties or shows you will eventually need to buy your stock but if you think you can get friends and family to buy from your online site, it's one way to get started. With Mia Bella there are two ways to become an Independent Distributor. If you sign up as an Associate there are no fees or monthly requirements but you don't get the website (unless you pay for it). Let me know if you are interested in either business. I'd be happy to help you and have you on either one of my teams! You can also go to my profile for the links to my websites !
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do womens designer jean in home parties! Great opportunity! New company and not many reps around yet! Huge opportunity to expand! I love it! If you are interested in details let me know!
    designerjeans4u

Answer by designerjeans4u at 4:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I actually blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You can read my Blog at:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 12:38 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 21 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:05 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Sell stuff on ebay. Babysit.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:02 PM on Dec. 20, 2010