My son hurt his foot...info please

He tried to explain to me what he did but it doesnt make sense..anyways the top of his foot in the middle really hurts him..he can walk on it but it hurts really bad. Is it possible to have a broken foot but you can still walk on it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• If he can walk on it then it's not broken. He may have twisted or sprained it. Talk him to the doctor right now.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Where it hurts him at is on the top of his foot in the middle...he says it is a sharp pain and it hurts real bad when he walks on it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Put ice on it and see if it helps. I know you can have a broken toe and still walk, but don't know about what you are describing.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would take him to the ER just to be sure nothing is broken. My daughter broke her arm and was able to move for awhile until the pain was unbearable. You never know so its better to be safe than sorry. I broke my pinky toe several times and was able to walk on it, it hurt like heck but I was able to walk. Walking is not an indication that it isnt broken.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Agree with KayGia's statement 'walking is not an indication that it isn't broken'. A little boy in my son's preschool class (we're friends with his parents also) fell of his daycare provider's deck, walked around for 3 days before complaining much, and when they took him in he'd broken 3 of the smaller bones in that area of his foot. The put him in a walking cast for 6 weeks and he had to take it easy for another 6 weeks after that and he was good. But yeah, he walked 3 days with 3 broken foot bones - it's possible. Take him in. Also - sprains are more painful than breaks.
    Anonymous

• It can still be broken. Take him to the doctor.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:03 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He has an appt with his doctor today. I will keep you all posted.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:14 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• He has a sprained foot..he has to wear an ace bandage for a week and be on crutches...if he still cant bear wieght on it in a week then he needs to go see an orthopedic surgeon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Dec. 20, 2010