Why Did My Ex Boyfriend Give Me a Christmas Gift??

I'm confused! My ex boyfriend bought me and my kids a Christmas gift.He left it at my front door as a surprise.I don't understand why he did this?I never had a ex to do this to me.Why do men give there ex's gifts?I never buy my ex's anything.I havn't even talked to him in a month.I still care for him but he was a asshole to me and wanted to end things in the first place.He told me he didn't want a jealous g-friend and wasn't ready for marriage.He's 40 yrs old.Yes I was jealous cause he had a girl he texted that he claims was a friend.I didn't like this at all.Please don't Bash me for this.But why did he do this?Anybody help!

alisha34886

Asked by alisha34886 at 3:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• He is trying to make amends with you. Just accept it and say thanks very much. He knows he threw a good thing away.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• He sounds like a good hearted man. He probably still cares for your kids at least and wanted to give them gifts.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Maybe because he realizes he was that asshole.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• He probably loves you and the kids and thats what you do for people you love. I dont give my exes gifts, but I do send christmas cards to the ones Im still friends with.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• One gives a gift to show they care...some degree of 'care' is still there. The real ? is: do you care if he cares? If you do, let him know!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 3:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• ninjafor you.  Oh, how I wished I could have an ex like that who gives me a present.  Maybe ihe's just saying sorry for all what he has done.     don't take it so personnaly.  Say that it was nice of him if you liked the gift, if not, take it back and get something for yourelf. 

brieri

Answer by brieri at 3:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sounds like he still cares for your children and you
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• *facepalm*
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I wish my X would send his kids a present but he wont because he is a LOSER
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 10:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010