umm sorry for helping? very long sorry!

just got back from a barbecue and somehow royally pissed off my friend's girlfriend. the guy is a mutual friend of hubby's and mine, hubby's known him since he was 5 and i've known him since i was 14, so about 10 years. he's been with this girl for a few years now, they had a baby together and she's pregnant with her 2nd. hard as it is, i hold my tongue on how shitty she treats him. instead of "do this please" it's "do that, do this" she calls him a POS and fat and lazy and all kinds of shit right in front of everyone all the time. none of our friends like her, but against my better judgment i always make an effort to talk to her and be nice to her whenever im forced to be around her.

anyway, today at the bbq, all the men were outside and it was just me, her and their baby together inside, doing nothing at all. she had the baby in the playpen and gave him a bottle. my friend came in to ask if she, or we, could make the patties for him to grill. she yelled at him and said she was trying to put the baby to sleep.. when really she was just sitting on her ass and he was putting himself to sleep. so my friend went outside, i got up and made the freakin patties. he was busy trying to start the grill, i knew none of the guys would help, and i knew she wasn't helping, so i did. she had no problem with it all, even told me where everything was.

when i finished, i took him the raw patties outside, she and their son (who she was apparently trying to put to sleep) followed. my friend turned around, and said "thanks, you're so awesome. Chris (my hubby), you're so lucky" and i knew, hubby knew, everyone else knew it was in good humor. the look on his girlfriend's face, i swear she'd shoot me with her eyes if she could. at the moment, she just rolled her eyes and then later i heard her cussing him out. she had some choice insults i heard her say about me too.

i was like whatever, shrugged, pretended not to hear it. did i "overstep" my boundaries here? or was it most likely the comment that set her off? or a combo of me getting the recognition for helping him and not her? i was just trying to be helpful was all, not send her into a jealous rage.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 3:15 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• You can't win in any situation with someone like this who is so unhappy with themselves. You did the right thing in each situation you described. You are a class act friend!
    KonaNannie

Answer by KonaNannie at 3:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Well after reading that, it sounds like she was just pissy about the whole situation. I don't think you did anything wrong. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 3:21 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• She sounds like an ungrateful and lazy person..doesn't appreciate her man at all and doesn't want to do anything. You did nothing wrong, she just couldn't handle the fact that he appreciated your help. He could def fnd better.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 3:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• But he puts up with it. He would still have the kids in his life if he left and found a decent woman who treated him with respect. I couldn't deal with watching my friend be treated like that. You did good keeping your cool. You are a better woman that I am!

Answer by admckenzie at 4:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• She has issues and no one can control them but her. its up to him what he wants to do with her though, if he wants to live with that or not but as she is around more crowds like in this situation, he will see that she cant seem to get along with anyone. it is NOT you, its everyone around her that sets her off like that.

I have this friend who just met a nice girl, i went to his daughter's birthday party and she was there, we met for the first time and even though i've been married for 10 years with 4 kids and lots of future plans, she sees me texting him or sending him jokes on his phone and she goes into a jealous rage. over me? I had to go tell everybody about this as it was so funny to everyone!

Dont let it bother you. The girls that's jealous of us has to accept it, if not, then he will block himself off of everyone she has a problem with just as my friend seemed to do because of his girl :(
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Wow what a bee-otch! lol. o she just sounds like a "See you next tuesday" hahaha... thats code for the worst word in the world lol.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sounds like one nasty piece of work.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 9:47 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You did the right thing. But here is the thing maybe she gives a good bj? Also some women are filled up on hormones and they go postal. Try to look at the bright side. Or just avoid her.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• yes, he could most definitely do better. but now they have a second on the way, so he's screwed for life lol! luckily he has his kids to keep him going, that's probabyl the only good thing she has done for him, is give him a beautiful little boy and a little girl on the way. i just literally seethe when i see how mean she is to him!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010