Where you made fun of as child and if so does it affect you today?

Through 4th and 5th grade I guess I was made fun of for stuffing my bra. Which I didn't do. But even now as a 26 year old I hate my huge boobs and refuse to wear bras with any padding at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have always been heavy for my age. So, yes I was constantly called Chubby, Fatty, Steamer, Thunder Thighs, Expando Ass, and other endearing terms. Fortunately I had a sense of humor, loved school, and moved quite often (Missionary Kid). So it gave me a chance to move beyond it. But I know what you are saying. Those insults hurt and can come back to haunt you in many ways.

Have you considered breast reduction surgery? Although most women would love to have your problem. ((smile))
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 3:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• in elementary school I got teased because I had very bad eyesight and wore very thick glasses until i had surgery. at 11 I moved to the United States and of course didnt speak english well and got teased a lot. now 10 years later I get upset if i dont understand something.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 3:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't hate them enough for surgery.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yes I was and yes it does. Sometimes I just don't feel good enough. Like I deserve good things. Working on it.
    rebock

Answer by rebock at 3:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I was made fun of for a lot of really stupid things throughout my school years and it did effect me greatly for a time period but not anymore, thank God! I used to be a very angry person because of all the torment that was probably more in my mind but came out of all the teasing but now I'm a much more peaceful, loving, and understanding person.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I was picked on by my own mother so when other people bullied me it did not matter yes it has made me stronger instead of a guppie I am now a shark.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I moved a ton as a kid and was ALWAYS the new kids. I never was teased... or if I was I just dealt with it head on. Im amazed at how many people have issues from childhood. I have always taught my kids to stand up for themselves. Someone else words can not hurt you unless you allow it... unless YOU believe it. If someone teases me it will roll off unless I believe I have an actual issue and they discovered it.
    Anonymous

• Not necessarily teased, but I never had my own identity. I was always "Dawn's little sister" or "Anna's big sister". I used to hate being the middle child. Now I have to catch myself and not over-indulge my middle ones.
    lostlemonade

Answer by lostlemonade at 6:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ditto to rebock!!
    Anonymous

• yes i was and it has affected me in a negative way......... will never get over it
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010