Just carbs. or what ?

My dh found out he's a diabetic about 3 yrs. ago. He's a veteran , so he goes to the closet V.A hosp. or clinic. The only thing they have told him is to continue with his meds. and whatever he's eating cause it seems to be working. All he watches for on the nutrition facts is the carbs.. Should'nt he be watching sugar and trans fat, etc., contents as well. His feet have been hurting alot lately and they said " yeah, thats neuropathy". Well should'nt they do something other than throwing Zoloft at him for the pain ? Hope someone can help me here.

megamamaw

Asked by megamamaw at 3:22 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• The carbs are the big one.

As for the neuropathy... try accupuncture or massage. It can help. It is unfortunately a progression of the diabetes. Also, maybe look into reflexology. I know someone who's diabetes is better controlled by accupuncture and reflexology than it ever was with drugs.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• my mom is diabetic and she mosty just looks at carbs too, She said things that have a lot of carbs make her sicker then other things.
    akiranth

Answer by akiranth at 3:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There are some associations with great websites for diabetic info. Try searching those

Answer by admckenzie at 3:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010