"twinges" or 'pinches' in my ovarian area (lower right and left sides of abdomen) adult content

Is there any reason for 'twinges' or pinches not cramps on either side of your abdomen (ovarian area?) I get them every other day or more and they only last seconds to a minute and not even every day.  It may happen once or twice a day or every other day.. Is this possibly my uterus starting to grow or ligament stretching.  It is not pain.  It is just noticed when it happens.  Almost makes me think it feels somewhat like when I ovulate; just a short, pinch and then it is gone. I am only 6 weeks along. I feel pregnant but fine; just sore breasts, fatigue, peeing frequently and getting very hungry all the time now.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 3:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I had the same thing happening to me to but I didn't really start feeling them till I was 12 weeks on. I asked my doctor and he said it was the baby and it was ok. I am now 33 weeks into my pregnancy and still feel the same twinges every once in a while but mostly I get kicks jabs and pokes along with a nice look at his butt. Talk to your doctor if it is a big concern to you. You will most likely feel more confident hearing from them that it is normal. Good luck with your pregnancy.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It seems normal to me.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:25 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• I'm pretty sure it's your uterus growing. A lot of growth happens in a short period of time (your first trimester). This will explain why you're so tired and why your abdomen will hurt from time to time. If it happens more frequently, contact your OB.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:41 AM on Dec. 20, 2010