Ae you up to date on STI's?

Ar you up to date with information about STI's...did you know they are even called STI's now? Not so much just for your kids but you as well?

Even if you are not sexually active (or kid) or are in a "commited" relationship I belive it is good to know what is going on. I just did a report on people 50+ with HIV. A lot of them simply thought because they were past the age to worry about reproduction there was no use for condoms. The subject were heterosexual and homosexual individuals in New York 2009.

Oprah just had a lady on that was with her husband who was on the "down low" and gave her HIV. And there is a porn star that came out to be HIV positive. He did gay and straight porn. He contracted from another gay male. He claimed to not be aware of the disease. AIDS (to me) it's hard not to know about>

So are you aware of what is going on? If not while online do some research..local public health department is full of info. Good health everyone!

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 3:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• I know what an STD is. Not an STI. Are you just talking about an infection?
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• STI (sexually trasmitted infections) is the new name for STD's.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/stds-hiv-safer-sex-101.htm

An explaintion from Planned Parenthood. You can also check out the World Health Order (WHO).
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm 100% sure my husband and I are monogamous

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I am single so I have to be aware and get myself tested and keep myself
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• it's not the "new name for stds"..it's just a matter of preference in which you call it. it can also be called a venereal disease (vd).
    cheribabii613

Answer by cheribabii613 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• STI's come from bacteria. STD's come from viruses. Like herpes and HIV/AIDS...you can't get rid of them. STI's like Ghonnorhea and Chlamydia can be treated with antibiotics.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• soooo....you protect yourself?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Thanks, it's good to keep up with things.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I will still call it std. Sti almost downplays it. Doesn't sound as serious. I Get tested for everything yearly even things that aren't routine in most std tests you have to ask for extra tests like hepatitis and herpes which are blood tests. I'm in a committed relationship too but you just never know and too many people are too trusting and careless with their health.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010