Are professional athletes a little on the crazy side?

I'm watching the Kansas City/St. Louis game and they were just talking about how the one quarter back had appendicitis, had his appendix out and 11 days later is playing. WTH? Isn't that kind of early after surgery to be out getting knocked around in an aggressive, full contact sport? I know most routine appendectomies are done lapriscopically now a days but still. 11 days? Still seems a little soon to me.
Not that it really surprises me when they play with broken bones hopped up on pain killers.

justanotherjen

Asked by justanotherjen at 3:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most of these guys are passionate about playing I guess they won't let anything stop them.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 3:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Yeah, I guess we are a bit. LOL!!! I'm more involved with the artistic side but in my world it's "The Show Must Go On!"
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• A lot of people will pay the price to be rich. Do crazy things, because if they don't they'll get replaced by somebody that is willing to "do what they gotta do".
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 4:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sad, but true. And they may pay the price down the road. Because if you lose your health, what good is all the money?
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 4:44 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Doesn't seem much different than what other people do. Not to me anyway!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 4:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010