Question for a friend !

Her dd failed a drug test. Everything on except cocaine. The dd is demanding aonther one because she insist she has'nt been doing drugs. Were wondering if it's possible for a drug test to be that wrong. I mean with that many drugs showing up on it ? Was'nt sure which category to put this under.

megamamaw

Asked by megamamaw at 3:46 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• When i was 17 I was on probabtion and had to get a test done every week, well one week I went in and mind you I have never EVER touched cocaine or even been around it and it tested me positive for use of Cocaine. My PO knew I had never came positive on a UA and tossed it out and gave me a second one and it came back clean. So it is possible for them to be in accurate and it happens more often then you think. Just don't wait too long before retesting.
    megarisav

Answer by megarisav at 3:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• What's on there,barbituates,marijuana,and what? Amphetimines?
    So she's been doing downers and pot then?
    Its plausible

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I know my sister drug test came back postive for mary jane because she was using hemp lotion and it got into her blood stream. Or eating poppy seeds can make a drug test come back postive. Some cough meds can make it come back postive for cocaine. But if she failed a that many something just not right.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 3:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• drug tests usually dont fail like that! sometimes readings are wrong, like if you eat a bunch of poppy seed bagels the test could show positive for heroin. She could take another one just to be safe (maybe the test was really old or the person labeled in with the wrong name....) but if that one fails, then she is just in denial.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Drug test are pretty much spot on. She can always request another one at her expense, but I've yet to hear of a botched drug test. Mistakes do happen.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Who administered the test? Was it a real lab or an Over the Counter test? I'd believe the dd and go to a real lab and have it done to make sure all is well.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• so do it again... if she is that insistent maybe she really didnt do anything. perhaps they accidentally gave you someone eles results. If the daughter is begging for another test I think it shows kindness, and the desire for the truth to do another one. What is the down side???

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 4:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• its always possible there is a mistake, i mean there are ppl running the tests so another one would really tell the truth dont ya think ?
    mistik75

Answer by mistik75 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 19, 2010