Pianful to stand for long periods

I am 33 weeks pregnant and I can't stand up for more then five minutes when My stomach starts to hurt and tighten up and my lower back aches pretty bad. Usually if I sit for 15 minutes after if lessens up and I can get up for another round of lets pretend it wont take me all day to clean one room. Granted I can ask my SO to help out and I do but he grumbles about it then goes and does it while reassuring my hormones that it's really no big deal he doesn't mind helping me around the house. Anyone else get those problems in their late pregnancy? It's hard to believe I only have till Feb. (which at this point still seems so far away) till I get to hold my son and be able to do the house work in less time....sweeping

angelmine2011

Asked by angelmine2011 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A word of advice: When your son arrives and he naps, don't do housework, don't get on the computer, don't run errands. Sleep and nap when he sleeps. You'll have no idea if he'll be waking up in the middle of the night when you've been asleep for just a couple of hours. Rest when your newborn rests.

I remember being different when I pregnant. I was working until I gave birth; I was doing regular PT (physical training; I was in the Navy during my pregnancy) three times a week (it was walking around a track but still..). It sounds to me like you just need to take it easy. You have less than two months left; rest while you can.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:35 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• im 30 weeks....it does hurt to stand for a long time...I dont get to shop for long periods of time or anything :( but 3 mins doesnt do it to me...I have been thinking I need 1 of those support band things to see if it makes him not feel so damn heavy all the time.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 4:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I didn't think about the belly band. I will have to give that a try. Anything to relieve all this pressure and pain...
    angelmine2011

Comment by angelmine2011 (original poster) at 4:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I'm only 27 weeks and I feel the same way!
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010