how long after i pump do I get milk again?

I just pumped for the first time since having my baby. I got out 4 oz. total... He just woke up, which I wasnt expecting, and I am sure he wants to eat again. He usually goes a lot longer between feedings. It has only been 2 hours since the beginning of his last "meal".

Am I going to have enough milk to feed him again?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pump everytime she eats.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You are never empty. Put him to your breast. There WILL be milk. It might take a little longer to get a letdown, but it there is milk. Milk is made as it is taken out of the breast. You do NOT have to wait to "fill up."
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 4:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Every time the baby cries you will be ready. Your body is supply and demand and though it may have times where it needs to play catch up with supply you will catch up as long as you feed/pump often. Don't be tempted to supplement.
    Anonymous

• Milk comes as often as needed when you feed on demand. I usually get "filled up" about every hour and a half. I am now Breasfeeding my 4th son and he still eats close to every hour and a half or so.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• hun boobs are storage places, you are always making milk. just put the baby to nurse.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:37 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• And always remember, pumping is not the best indicator of how much milk you are making. They are not near as effective at "emptying" the breast as the baby is. Also remember that baby will undergo several growth spurts where seems he is almost constantly attached to you. Baby is not starving, just working on increasing your supply. Congrats on your baby and being able to nurse for whatever time you decide to.
    Sica_Belle

Answer by Sica_Belle at 8:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Your boobs aren't like your bladder. They don't fill then empty. They are glands. They are constantly making milk.

Your feeling of fullness will go away soon. The milk is still there. This is normal. Don't think the milk is gone because you can't "feel" it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Let's see... it will take as long as it takes for you to put down the pump and pick up the baby.

Milk is made WHILE nursing or pumping. You don't fill up.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 PM on Dec. 20, 2010