If you use a prescribed type of birth control or an IUC, what kind do you use and why do you like it?

I am tired of the daily pill thing and I am looking at my options before I talk to my OBGYN. Thanks for your help!!

lah0027

Asked by lah0027 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• I have mirena a 5yr IUD...I am awful at taking pills 3 unplanned kids bad....So needed something I did not have to remember. Ovhad no period since. Overall I like it. It has different side effects with everyone so you will here horror stories from side effects to none at all. For me I just cramped and bled the first 6 weeks and have had it 3 years. About a year later I started getting acne which I think is from the mirena. Just recently I am getting bacteria infections like back to back which can be a side effect so I am now having it removed in the next 2 mos.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i have nuvaring and i love it. very low dose of hormones, can't feel it, put it in and forget about it for 3 weeks, doesn't get in the way during sex, and it works
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I have a Mirena IUD and LOVED it. I got it taken out in August and found out I was pregnant in October :)
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 4:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i had mirena for a bit too. it came out, another friend of mine had it as well and it moved out of place and into her hip bone, she had to have surgery to get it out.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Depo here. I had none of the possible side effects. I had no weight gain, zero period (no spotting, nothing), no oopsies, nada. LOVED it.
    Anonymous