if you do not celebrate Christmas....

what things do you like to do on Dec. 25th... are you able to miss the crowds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Holidays

• I'm Jewish. It's just another day to me. Don't feel like I miss out on anything.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 4:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• no that isnt what I meant... I mean do you take advantage of not having the crowds. For example do you go to the movies or an amusment park.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Most places are not opened. I had to go in search of a place last year that was opened. There was not a place in town opened.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• It's just like any other day for us. We just do whatever we want or feel like doing.

Granted there are somethings closed on Dec. 25th, however living in the middle of the city, there is actually quite a bit of things open. So, we just do whatever we want are feel like doing. Sometimes that entails going out, sometimes it doesn't, just depends on our moods really. When we do go out to the movies, out to a restaurant ..etc.. there are still people out doing things. In a city of close to a million people, there's always going to be people out and about no matter what day it is... lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:48 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Heck even celebrating Christmas it would still be nice to have something open (every once in awhile) to find something that you so happen to just run out of UGH
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 5:14 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• LOL... oh, I never thought of things being closed... I live in a big city that is VERY diverse... I guess I just thought many places would be open
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I do celebrate but it bugs me to no end that EVERYTHING is closed on Christmas even in the city. I grew up and lived in Chicago until a few months ago. There is nothing to do on Christmas. We don't visit other people and have our big dinner on Christmas Eve. After presents in the morning there isn't much to do and we get bored. About the only option is the movies. Most of the theaters were open at the malls but the malls and just about every store were closed. Heck, even 24 hour Walmarts close on Christmas. In a small town there would be literally nothing open except maybe a gas station (I went to college in a small town). We make sure we have everything we might need and then spend the evening just doing what we would any other evening...watching TV, playing video games, etc.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• we like to go see a movie and eat lots of popcorn
    Karkie22

Answer by Karkie22 at 11:17 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We do celebrate Christmas but when I was younger my mom and I would go to the movies that afternoon. I don't know of any other place that would be open except the movies.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 11:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• We do Xmas stuff on Xmas Eve, but we go to the casino on Xmas day. They always have a great brunch, and we can go bowling and watch a movie.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:49 PM on Dec. 20, 2010