Non Christians do you ever think that?

It is possible you are wrong and could end up in hell.? Would it not be better to have faith in Christ then to take a chance on your soul burning in hell? I'm by no means starting trouble..just curious. Are you that certain of what you believe in?

tracylyn245

Asked by tracylyn245 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Gotta love it when you get 7 down votes for speaking the truth... Thanks I know I did my job well when I get attacked :-)

You guys still keep doing it ya know... all she asked was do you or dont you .... how is a simple yes or no sound? No we gotta defend ourselves dont we ... if we are so strong in what we believe in then why defend it.? :-)

How many downvotes will I get this time? :-) Seriously you guys all I do is sigh :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There is a possibility I could be wrong just as there is a possibility you could be wrong. I am not going to believe in something just "in case"...If there were a god don't you think he would know who believes because they truly love him and who believes just to save their own ass?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nope, that is not something I ever worry or wonder about.

As a person raised Hindu, I believe that all paths are paths to "God" (WaheGuru, Allah, Brahma, Jehovah.. whatever name one wishes to use). My belief is that noone is right and noone is wrong. All who believe believe in the One Universal Creator.

I am as certain in my beliefs as I am in the air I breath, the water I drink, the sun that warms me, the moon that shines at night and the heart that beats in my chest.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• So you believe because you're afraid of going to hell? Isn't that like believing in Santa because you're afraid you won't get presents.

Lol, I prefer not to live my life in fear. Especially fear of pretend scary places. There's no boogey man in my closet either.
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 4:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• How many times do we have to go through Pascal's wager? If I'm wrong I'm wrong, any God worth worshipping would judge me on the merit of my character and behavior not on the lip service I paid. If a God would judge me on anything else it is not a God worth worshipping. You may return to you regularly scheduled program now.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:45 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• There's just as good of a chance that YOU"RE wrong.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Do you ever think youre wrong for worshiping something that may not be true?
    Anonymous

• even if we are wrong you can't be sent to hell over beliefs. only a life of hurting others can merit damnation. if you are a good person you're not going to burn for it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• "Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."-Sigmund Freud
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I believe that people who choose Christianity, should believe so with their whole heart, not because some zealot thinks they should 'just in case'. Believing in Christ 'just in case' is not going to lead them to salvation.
    I also believe that we should respect other's beliefs. If they choose not to believe what I believe, I have no problem with it. I dislike those who feel they need to convert everyone they meet.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010