Am I being lied to? Is my partner pregnant? An OB's take would be great!

I have a partner whom I feel might be lying to me about being pregnant. We went to Planned Parenthood for a pregnancy test, and even after two runs, it came back negative. It had been six weeks since she'd had sex with a guy (we decided to try involving a guy, which we do from time to time).
They said she could have an ectopic pregnancy, especially given that she had an IUD. Anyhow, she told me that she saw her OB and that it was ectopic, and he gave her an injection to abort.
Even six weeks in, hcg wouldn't be high enough for a positive? Was she never pregnant? Could she have faked her pregnancy test with Planned Parenthood into showing up negative? She won't talk to me now (can be manipulative and elusive anyways), and I'm very confused.
Could especially an OB give a medical procedural take?

UPDATE:  She was lying about the pregnancy test.  She is pregnant.  At Planned Parenthood, she got a negative test by peeing a little and mixing it with water.  Or so she is saying now.

***One other paranoia I've had is whether she could have manipulated her Planned Parenthood test.  How stringent are they (like, will they take note if temperature or something is not correct??
We've had a relationship with plenty of drama recently, and I'm just trying to consider every possibility right now.

sski3

Asked by sski3 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i tested way earlier than 6 weeks and got a positive with my newest pregnancy
    Roxeybunnie

Answer by Roxeybunnie at 4:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If she had a IUD there is a VERY slim slim chance that she is pregnant or got pregnant! Trust me I had one for about 4 years.
    I have NEVER heard anything about a MD giving a patient a injection to abort the pregnancy! Thats alittle ODD!
    If it was a "etopic" pregnancy she would be in ALOT of pain! From the sounds of it I dont think she was or is pregnant. Good luck!
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• She has an IUD. Theres like a .01 chance she could ever get pregnant. She lied.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 5:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My aunt had an ectopic pregnancy and was in excruciating pain. She said it felt like she was in labor (this was her second pregnancy) and she went to see her doctor. They admitted her into the hospital and did a D&C on her, they did NOT give her a shot to abort or anything else for that matter since an ectopic pregnancy can be very dangerous for the mother. It sounds like she wanted you to think she was pregnant and claimed that she was. An IUD prevents pregnancies by injecting hormones into the uterus to prevent implantion (not nessesarily the conception, but def the implantion). I would talk to her and see what's up, tell her you did your homework and talked to a couple of doctors yourself ( I suggest actually talking to a couple of doctors, many can schedule conferences in which they will gladly answer all your questions, some right on the phone too) and see what she has to say. Just be ready for her anger that you did it.
    momnstepmom

Answer by momnstepmom at 5:08 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My SIL was a week pregnant with an ectopic pregnancy. She went to the ER because of the pain. She received an injection to dissolve the pregnancy.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 5:13 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• my sister had a ectopic pregnancy and she was in a lot of pain and i mean A LOT. when she went to the hospital because of the pain they took her straight in and did a D&C which she about died from and from there was put in ICU. i dont think they gave her any shot and even if there was such a thing then they would have done a D&C they just cant leave that baby inside of her like that.it would cause infection and maybe even death. I would have a serious talk with her!!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• you can get pregnant using iuds but it is very very rare but i think she was just lying about it.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I got a positive at 4 weeks before.
    shanapiv

Answer by shanapiv at 12:22 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Ectopic is possible but not frequent. She may have lied. =/
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Update: She was lying about the pregnancy test. She is pregnant. At Planned Parenthood, she got a negative test by peeing a little and mixing it with water. Or so she is saying now.
    sski3

Comment by sski3 (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Dec. 20, 2010