tongue biting

Okay, so lately I've been noticing that when I go to sleep I bite my tongue. Like, not just, bite, ow, and then I stop, but like bite, chew and wonder what the heck is that, and then realize it's my tongue, stop, and then be sore for the next couple of days. And it's not just a once in a while event either, it's every NIGHT for the past week!
I don't know if it's because I'm stressed, my step-kids have been over every day all day for the past week and I just KNOW she's going to have them over every day all day until Christmas break is over with, or I'm worried, or WHAT is going on in my head. My dreams are even messed up! The other night I dreamt that my steps drowned my infant in the tub, and even though they were crying and saying they were sorry, I was scared shitless and trying to get my bay to breathe again (I did by the way, but it was terrifying, I wound up holding her all night in my arms and not sleeping anymore that night). And last night I dreamt that the bio-mom died and we got full custody of my steps and they grew up happy, healthy, and alright (they are messed up in the head so badly it's not even funny, she abuses them all the time).
Thing is, I don't know what is going on. Anyone else have issues with tongue biting in their sleep? Or HAD problems with it and can give me advice on what I can do?
Thanks in advanced.

momnstepmom

Asked by momnstepmom at 5:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• Could be stress, I would call your doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I don't have a doctor. DH and I can't afford private insurance and public insurance says that we make $10 too much to qualify. I have degenerative eye disease as well as thyroid problems that are supposed to be monitored by a doctor, but I can't see one because of finances. That's why I posted on here, to see if there was anyone who could help me.
    momnstepmom

Comment by momnstepmom (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Dec. 19, 2010