If we were to drink lots of water how long will it take for our digestive system to be cleanse naturally?

I recently gave up the sodas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Health

• well, unless you are cutting out any processed foods and artificial colors and flavors then I'm not sure it's not going to have the result you are looking for... It will however make you loose a good bit of weight. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• when you say lots of water you would literally have to drink A LOT like gallons and gallons of water a day. which would just make you sick
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Our digestive systems already cleanse naturally without any help. All that "cleanse your body of toxins" talk is just a bunch of crap made up by folks who like to use our desire of weight loss and clean living to make money for themselves. If you do some research you will find that the only ones out their tauting it's benefits are those that stand to gain some money.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Be careful with the amount of water you drink a day. You want 8 to 9 glasses of water spaced throughout the day (not all at once), and with just soda it would take a couple of weeks to get those affects out, maybe a month depending on your body. When I first met my husband all he drank was soda and energy drink, his skin actually had a tint of yellow. I got him to stop drinking soda and energy drinks and stick to water for a month and his skin turned back to his normal color and he lost some weight (he wasn't heavy to begin with) and was much healthier all around.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:06 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I disagree with shanlaree.

I don't think just adding water (no matter how much) will do it by itself. I think you would have to do more of fast (even a raw fast)......no idea how long. But if you didn't change your diet it doesn't matter how clean your inside are :)
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 11:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010