STD and Secret Free?

I am asking this for a piece I'm writing about "Safe Sex"....feel free to post your name or reply anonymously.

IF you knew you had at least one STD, would you still be intimate with your partner and not tell him/her?

coffeebreak8

Asked by coffeebreak8 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• No way!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Nope. Not a chance.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 5:26 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If I had it Yes I would tell my partner and not have sex with them. That's just wrong.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:27 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• @butterflblue19 1) GREAT NAME!!! 2) I hear you...and that should be the reply...HOWEVER, we have such a HIGH rate of STD's that ther has to be a signifiant group of gals & guys who won't say....
    My intent is not to judge...but explore the fear connected to this....I don't think they mean to hide...I think its out of fear.....but this is a guess...a hypothesis---hence the question! LOL
    Thank you for taking the time to reply! :)
    coffeebreak8

Comment by coffeebreak8 (original poster) at 5:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• No way! How could you care about someone enough to have sex with them, and not enough to share the fact that you were possibly giving them an STD?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:31 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• I would tell my hubby right away, however i know someone, he used to be a friend of hubbys, that had sex with his gf for over a week with no protection before he told her what std's he has... thats pretty fucked up...
    KaliLeanne

Answer by KaliLeanne at 5:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• i would say something because of the health risk std give and i expect my partner to do the same

I have been in a relationship for 6 years and i still get tested every 6 months for STD/HIV
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Well first there would have to be sex but I get myself tested and follow the no glove no love policy I taught my guys
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:34 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Ohh hell no - he is gonna know and then WE are gonna figure out where it came from as I wasn't sleeping around!
    gambilldl

Answer by gambilldl at 5:38 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Many of you ladiesshare the same sentiment and you are 100% right....but.... some don't say out of fear of losing their partner.
    I know men who cheat and they don't tell their gf/wives. That's not the as my question ---but--- it's close.
    I believe in getting tested. And I have friends who are Safe Sex advocates....But I am hoping to understand the one who is scared to say something. Again- not to judge...just hoping to understand....

BTW- You all are great!!! :)
    coffeebreak8

Comment by coffeebreak8 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Dec. 19, 2010