FISH!!!

I have never cooked fish before and today my FIL brought us a bunch of freshly caught fish... is there any good fish recipes that you have tried and love???

megarisav

Asked by megarisav at 5:36 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Well, I'm MOSTLY vegetarian, so I have no meat recipes, but I did cook fresh fish once.... I just fillet it and put a dressing over it of herbs and garlic and oil and lemon (can't remember exactly) then baked it. It was quite tasty!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:41 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• What kind of fish do you have? Almost any fish can be dredged in a mix of flour and cornmeal and fried.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 5:42 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You can also steam or poach fish in the oven. Most every fish will work with this way. We usually steam the fish (10-30 minutes depending on the fish) in a covered pie pan with a little bit of stock on the bottom. To poach the fish, just add the liquid till it covers the fish. Good Luck!
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 6:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Well I hope you find your answer, I can only give you a bump. I am not a fan of fish so I have no pointers!
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:28 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• My family's favorite can be done in a baking dish in the oven, in foil packets in the oven, or in foil packets on the grill (my personal fave is the grill). I put butter on it, a little salt, a little pepper, whatever seasonings sound good at the time (which is sometimes nothing) and cook til done. Mmm, we love fish.
    Anonymous

• cook whichever way but I love it with a sprig of Rosemary,olive oil (garlic flavored), pinch of salt/pepper -before cooking, then squezze a bit of lemon on after cooked too if ya like that.
    kingkongsmom

Answer by kingkongsmom at 12:53 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Salt & pepper with onion and some lemon & wrape in foil
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:24 AM on Dec. 20, 2010