How can I take care of my 3 month old and do all the housework?

This is my first baby and I feel like I should be taking care of him all the time. How can I get things done around the house and not feel like I am abandoning him in another room while he is whining and wanting attention?

courtcaton

Asked by courtcaton at 5:56 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a good quality sling. I like a double ring. A lot of people prefer a Moby wrap. This way you can wear your baby while you get things done.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Make his car seat...nice and comfy, with a toy at the top dangling..and bring him from room to room with you when cleaning. Now thats only if you dont want to leave him alone. I do that with my five month old grandson. If you want to get him in to a habbit of not needing someone around him all the time ( which is a good idea)...just let him lay in his crib for a while, with a mobile going. Just keep checking on him, he will be just fine.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Babies need alone time, too. Trust me it's fine to leave him on the floor in another room with some toys to look at while you clean. It's about the only time you can do this. Pretty soon he'll be crawling and then he'll be into everything or following you all over the house, lol.
    My youngest is 5 months and every morning he gets up, has his bottle, gets changed and dressed and then plays on the floor while I do the dishes and clean up the kitchen. Sometime I even get the other rooms cleaned up and laundry started (depends on my mood). He just lays there cooing and playing with his toys. I talk to him as I clean.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:59 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When your baby is asleep you can do the housework. Or you can put him into that room where you are and talk or sing a song. So he can hear your voice and know that you are there but you still can do your job. The easiest way to employ a nanny or a cleaner. Mhaw:P
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• He will be fine to sit alone and stare at toys when he is so little.. Its good for him to realize he doesnt need attention 24-7. You can always take him room to room with him you if hes in a chair also.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:01 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• If you have a swing, baby bouncy seat, or play pen put it in the room with you as you go about your chores that way he can see and hear you. Or get a sling/baby carrier and 'wear' baby while you get some things done. I used to get a lot of my housework done when the babies were down for a nap, or after my hubs was home. He would take over 'baby duty' and then I would get things done.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:07 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You can't ...make your husband help!
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 6:12 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• When my baby was a few months old I wanted to be super mom and take care of everything. I soon realized that I couldnt. I just came to terms with the fact that some things have to wait. It all got done eventually but nobody died cuz the carpet wasn't vacuumed. That's one of the toughest things about Mommyhood. Just letting things go occasionally
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• You wont be able to have everything done all the time.....But durring naps is the best time. Also when you need to vaccum do that just after she eats this way she is not going to wake up from the noise of it but also wont be screaming because she is hungry.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:02 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Good thing about babies that age is they are portable.... take him from room to room with you ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010