Husband is bored

My husband complains about being bored on the weekends. We have a 3 month old baby and my world basically revolves around caring for him, how can I entertain my husband at the same time?

courtcaton

Asked by courtcaton at 5:57 PM on Dec. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he bored or just missing one on one (dare I say 'adult' time) with you? You said that your world revolves around your baby, which is all well and good but you still have a husband who needs your attention and affection. Make time for him. Even if it's just stilling down to eat with him while the baby naps, giving each other massages after the baby goes to sleep at night, or even play a game together. Make him know that he's still important to you as well.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:31 AM on Dec. 20, 2010

• Leave the baby with him for a few hours. He won't be bored anymore.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• lol Jade!

Seriously though. Why not have a 'date night' at home. Have him rent a movie and pick up some take out and enjoys ome time together while the baby is between feedings and hopefully sleeping some.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:00 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Send him over here, my car needs washing...I've got plenty to keep him busy.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• bored with a newborn??? LOL Tell him to HELP....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 6:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Jademom07 is right about that. Leave him with the baby. Tell your DH to grow up. You do not have to entertain him.

Answer by louise2 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Thanks God both of me and my HB has hobbies:) So never really bored. Tell him to find a hobby. And the movie and date at home is a good idea as well.
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 6:04 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Can't you go out with the baby? I used to go to the movies and I breastfed. Or go to a friends house where he has someone besides you to talk to
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 7:19 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• "How can I entertain him as well?" .. Is he not a grown up capable of entertaining himself?
    Evidentially I missed the memo in which adults must be entertained by their spouses. Honestly, I think that he's old enough to find things to do. If he wants to spend time with his family then you all should go out and do something together. You're not there to entertain him, as he isn't there to entertain you. If he wants to have something to do, hand over Parental duty and go take a break. I'm sure he'll be too busy to complain with taking care of your child.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:24 PM on Dec. 19, 2010

• Sounds like he is craving attention from you. Remember when you first got together? Yeah act like that.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 19, 2010